Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Adoption Nativity

Last night Miss Little One disappeared shortly before bedtime. She's mastered the art of making herself scarce around that time every night, so I didn't think much of it, until I noticed the shepherd, the infant Jesus, and a donkey missing from the nativity.

I found Miss Little One in her room and she informed me (with an unmistakable tone of authority) that she couldn't go to bed just yet. "I'm very busy adopting them."

What does it mean to adopt them, Sweetheart?

"It means they grew for me in another mother's tummy so I can be their mother. And Daddy and I love them bigger than the moon."

I let her stay up way past bedtime. Wouldn't you?

Sally Bacchetta
The Adoptive Parent
My Google Profile+

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I so would too! When I read your stories I think we're way behind on normalizing adoption. I think I'm afraid of making too big a deal about it and I end up not saying anything which isn't good either.

Anonymous said...

I love this post! It also is a nice commentary on a child's appreciation for the season.

JK

Anonymous said...

LOL!