Friday, May 8, 2009

Birthmother's Day

Tomorrow (Saturday, May 9) is Birthmother's Day.

I pray for birthmothers everywhere:
That you feel at peace with your decision
That you feel honored and respected by the adoptive parents
That you walk proud, knowing that you gave the gift of life

I pray for birthfathers everywhere:
That you are at peace with the birthmother
That you are silent or invisible by your choice, not by someone else's
That you have the emotional and social support you need

Extra special thoughts and prayers to M and J, my children's birthmothers. It is because of you that we have our family, and our gratitude grows with each passing day.

Sally Bacchetta
The Adoptive Parent
My Google Profile+

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally-
Very nice tribute. I hope you had a wonderful mother's day with your new edition. Call soon.
Erica