Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Nothing to Do with Adoption

When I trip and slam my eye into the corner of a granite counter top and my eye swells nearly closed and I darn near pass out from the pain of the hit and the effort of holding in the long string of expletives jockeying around in my mouth, my three year-old rushes to my side, bends down close to my face and says, "Mom! I told you three times can I please have some more milk!" 

Isn't it nice to be needed?

Click here to purchase Sally's , What I Want My Adopted Child to Know: An Adoptive Parent's Perspective.

Sally Bacchetta

The Adoptive Parent
My Google Profile+

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That happens to me all the time! I knew we were making progress though when my 7-year -old asked me the other day if I was feeling better after having been sick. It gave me hope that they can think beyond themselves at least sometimes.